Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Marth 30

Here are your tasks:
Role play by yourself and then with a partner: Working Part-Time Jobs
Rewrite the dialogue with your partner, keeping the words in bold.

Luisa: Are you still here? I thought you got off at 3:00. ( Why are you here? Why did you not get off at 3:00)

Max: I picked up a second shift. I could use the money. ( I picked up an other  shift. I could use the case. )

Luisa: But I thought you had another part-time job in the evenings. ( But I knew you got another part-time job in the evenings. )

Max: I normally do, but the restaurant where I work has been cutting back my hours, so I’m trying to pick up as many extra shifts here as I can. ( I usually do that job, but I work restaurants have cutted  back my hours, so I want get more shifts here. )
Luisa: And don’t you work at the amusement park on the weekend? (And do you work at the  amusement park by weekend? )
Max: I do half the year, but it’s winter and the park only keeps askeleton crew on during these months. In the meantime, I’m working for a temp agency, which gives me short-term asme
signnts.(I do six months, the park only keeps  askeleton crew on during winter. In this time I'm working at a temp agency , It gives me short-term jobs. )
Luisa: I don’t know how you juggle all these jobs.(I can understand  how you  juggle all these jobs)

Max: I have no choice. I have to piece together an income if I want to pay rent.

Luisa: Have you ever thought about going back to school to qualify for other work, something full-time?

Max: Sure, all the time. I’d like a better job, one with benefits and a reliable salary.

Luisa: What’s stopping you?

Max: I have to pay for something called “food,” and I haven’t met myfairy godmother yet!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse 


Publish your new dialogue with audio on your blogs.

But sometimes you don't.
Check out your classmates' work, and leave a comment!
Check out this page and take notes.
Compare your notes with a partner, and ask your partner 5 questions from your notes.
Check out your 5 positions from yesterday’s work (Task 3), and identify one to write a resume for.

No comments:

Post a Comment