Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13

Today, we have talked about the “Unwritten rules of Canadian manners”. Now, you are required to write a letter to a friend back home, who he/she is planning to move to Canada soon, and give him/her some advice on how to adapt to the Canadian culture, also tell your friend some tips on the most important Canadian unwritten rules, from your perspective, to avoid embarrassment.

Ask one or two of your peers to edit for you. 



Hi Mei,
   I am very glad to hear that you will move to Canada soon. I will see you soon. You told me about you worried about how to live in Canada? What's things about manners you need know? I hope you will enjoy in Canada.I came to Canada before 1 year ago.Coming to Canada means learning the Canadian rules about manners and behaviours. I share two things with you.
    My friend JJ  told me: One day she went to City Hall. She waiting for enter, but she did not mind give the way to Sb who waiting in front of her. This woman turn back and asked her:"what's wrong?"  She couldn't understand. Do you know why this woman said that? Because J stand close to her. In Canada people must keep the person  distance.
   My classmate MM told me other thing, one time she and her husband wait for a lessens. There are so many people on line.My friend outside for coffee. Her husband still waiting on line.when MM come back after 1 hour, she stand with her husband together.A man who stand behind of her husband loudly  at them. He got very angry. He said MM could't waiting with her husband together and she must wait on the end of line.
  You will know when you have broken the rules by people's negative reations. You may find that your normal behaviour.  
 I hope to see you soon. 

Have a good day!


Ashley

  

No comments:

Post a Comment