Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Trying to observe and understand culture is like trying to observe and understand an iceberg. Anyone who is either looking for a job or starting out a new job will require some time to figure out the expectations, culture, and customs of any or prospective workplace.

Task 1:

Look up the meanings of the vocabulary words below.

Aggressive        invasive                            
   equality                                    
   rituals  
Annoyed                                     
  minimize                                     
  task
Collaborative                                
 oblivious                                    
 valuable
Customs                                        
 promptness                                 
 values
Embarrassment

Task 2:

Use at least five of these vocabulary words to write an email to a friend describing to him/her the Canadian culture.


Hi Jane,

How about you  last week? I hope you had a good time. I have a problem. I need your advice. I have been here more than 1 year, but I couldn't understand many Canadian values.  Sometimes I drive on the road will meet a  aggressive  people  who took my way. Sometimes  I met  someone  who is very collaborative with a task. I don't know which is right Canadian values?  Would you tell me the right to avoid embarrassment.

  Best!

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment